Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Cities I'm Living

A lof of people, especially my family and non-Uni friends had been questioning my decision to stay at this so-called "intelligent city". Having been living in a big city called “muddy banks” since I was a baby, I used to think I wouldn’t live anywhere but my beloved city. In those days, I couldn’t live without going to the malls and hang out with friends on weekends. Moreover, my home is so near to the city center and public transportations are very, very accessible. My parents taught me to board the public bus at the tender age of 9 so I saw the public bus evolved from Bas Sri Jaya to Bas Mini to Intrakota and finally RapidKL. I spent 5 years in a right-smack-in-the-city-all-girls-high-school (now say hello to pavilion) and 2 years diploma in another popular part of the city, I can safely say that I had my fair share of city life.

However, seasons change and so do people. My beloved city is now so dense, I wonder where are all these people came from? I’ve been avoiding any invitations to go out to the city on weekends, I hate the traffics and LRT rides are no longer enjoyable. I can’t remember when was the last time I took a bus because I don’t understand the bus system anymore!

When I first came to “intelligent city” for my degree, I didn’t like it at all and I went home every weekend. Now I’m so used to this place and I like it here. And so here I am, living in a quiet, stress-free “intelligent city”. Unlike my neighbourhood at my beloved city where we can find food stalls every 5 steps, the nearest goreng pisang stall is 8km away. The good part is, some good friends are here, my work place is just a 5 minutes drive (3 minutes if the traffic lights are being kind all the way) and certainly no traffics jams. It’s like being in a foreign land without actually going abroad (ewahh!!) because you can find mat sallehs, Arabs, iranians, Mongolians, whatever, during office lunch hour. Anyway, it’s only 45 minutes away from my hometown so I can always go home whenever I’m feeling homesick.

Putatan, Utan Aji or Buloh Kasap you name it, I think I can live in it. Hahahah poyo je...

p/s my wonderful header was designed by the lovely Ney! Thanx muahs muahs!

6 comments:

Sang Hidup di Dunia said...

header chantek!! cik Ney, nak jugak boleh? hehe

Sir Pök Déng said...

You should come to Terengganu and get some some fresh air there.

Ney Joe said...

shamamia... bole =) .. oh temi, putatan tu... yg aku gelak2 hari tu tu ke?

Temi said...

ayu kelopak: ha pi mintak kat die,die ok je tu ;)

pok deng: yeap, been thinking of visiting ganu lately

ney: yela, yg hang gelak2 besar dlm keta ari tu laa heheheh

.l.a.d.y.i.r.m.a. said...

campak je mana hala... tapi make sure ader internet...and coverage... kalau tak... mau mati kutu

elisataufik said...

campak ajelah amna2.. janji ada kedai makan, orait aje...