Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Delete Me, Hapus Aku

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is one of my favorite movies and it never fails to make me shed a tear or two even though I've watched the movie countless timess. The opposite of the typical romantic Hollywood film, this movie brings me to such a personal level it hurts.

So if you have watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, you'd also be familiar with Lacuna Inc. In that movie, this company specializes in wiping specific memories away forever. Sometimes we'd surely feel trapped in the slippery, chaotic unpredictability of the worlds we construct from our memories and experiences. Just imagine if we have something like Lacuna Inc. in real life, instead of dealing with the pain and suffering of your past, you can erase people and moments from your memory, and move on with your life, without giving it another thought. Imagine your bad relationships can disappear. Your painful experiences blotted out. Your unbearable sorrows gone.

Of course in real life, no such thing thing as erasing memory is possible but watching this movie gives me what I secretly wish for, a chance to forget something that's hurt me in the past.

Memories, they don't fade easily.

Note to self: Next time don't listen to Nidji's Hapus Aku after watching Eternal Sunshine!

2 comments:

.l.a.d.y.i.r.m.a. said...

tak pernah dgr pun citer tu... tapi sgt best bab yang bey erase pain memories.

lagu nidji tue mmg best... dgr biasa2 pun kengkadang bley .....

DrSam said...

salam singgah,
I am so jakunis, I've never heard that movie before :0 But I remember the movie "Eraser"

Bad memories, good memories they are our unique dots throughout our life journey. They are there for a reason.

Have a nice day.