Sunday, July 6, 2008

Disconnecting - Reconnecting

With the insistence of my 2 friends, Mr.Eh and Mr.Ek, I attended a wedding reception with them. It was quite a surprise for my friends when I showed up as I am known with my disdain of attending wedding receptions. Ever since I got sick, this is my first time seeing a whole bunch of friends that I've been avoiding before. So I did a lot of catching up when I got there. Although they were glad to see me, some of my friends expressed their disappointment to me because I didn't inform them when I was really sick and being hospitalized.

I knew I have made a mistake. I underestimate and overestimate my friends. A very few that I thought I could count on, weren't exactly supportive (Maybe someday I'll blog about it). While those I'm so embarrassed to tell about my condition, were being very, very kind.

Consequently, my personal point of view about friendship has definitely changed. Albeit not withholding any hatred, I've had enough with that very few. That is why I've stopped to care. I do not wish to strengthen or maintain whatever 'strong bond' that we used to have. I try to be civil once in a while but most of the time, I just let nature takes it's course. Nevertheless, I am very much grateful with some of my friends (beloved Juju, BBmates, Sate Minang Gang, Mr.Cockroach and Ms.Prudential to name a few) for being exceptionally caring and understanding.

Finally, I'm happy to be among those whole bunch again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for spending your time with me last night. :)