Thursday, July 10, 2008

Staying Alive

Today I had a routine follow-up at the neuro clinic. Dad dropped me off somewhere in the hospital area, very early in the morning. Thinking that I couldn't handle large crowds in the early hours, I avoided the hospital canteen and opted to have breakfast at a small cafe. As I sat alone having breakfast in the cafe, I noticed that the doctors had breakfast together, female nurses gossiping among themselves and male hospital attendants talked only about politics. Even in a different environment and time, segregation still exists, I guess.

Then I made my way to the clinic. The experience being in a neurology clinic is depressing, trust me. I mean no disrespect but I seeing many people with different kind of neuro disease is disheartening. Nonetheless, I am very much thankful to Allah, despite being sick, I am not as bad as other people that I saw at the clinic. Alhamdulillah.

However, things are still not doing so great for me. My recent blood test showed an unsatisfactory result therefore they cannot reduce my medications (I hate steroids!!) yet. My doctor is still optimistic, though. After that, I had another blood test at the clinic. The good thing is I'm so immune to needles, I don't feel much pain anymore. Will be going through another blood test soon. So yay, for me!

I actually wanted to write more, especially about suffering the side effects of my medications but that's another story. Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

akak, pls be strong.
i know u've been thru a lot.. and i know you're stronger than how strong you think you are.